Harvard Maintenance, Inc. is one of the largest and fastest growing, privately owned providers of high quality janitorial services in the United States. We are an industry leader and are well known for our innovative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit. Our success over the last fifty years stems from Harvard's Inverted Pyramid®, which recognizes that our front-line employees are the most important people in our organization. The Inverted Pyramid® ensures that our employees feel valued, are given the tools to be successful, and are empowered to execute in their roles. People are also at the center of our Core Values. Our People First core value clearly states that “we are a family organization that promotes respect and embraces diversity”.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying systems including testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's application systems. Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Requires an associate’s degree in a related area and at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Must have a working knowledge of relational databases and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Act as a liaison between information technology and appropriate department or staff in efforts to drive strategic systems technology initiatives
hardware, software, or services.
• Trains junior staff on solving complex and/or technical tasks.
communications programs, and other highly technical programs.
• Experience with ‘system of systems’ architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components, and
application interfaces/interoperability concerns.
• Strong project management, time management, and problem management skills.
• Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL).
• Knowledge of system implementation methods used for the development of new systems and enhancements to existing information
• Knowledge of Open source operating systems (*nix) and Microsoft based technologies.
• Knowledge of source control technologies, preferably Git.
• Knowledge of at least one common scripting language (PHP, Ruby, Python, Powershell, etc).
• Knowledge of computer monitoring systems, vendor-supplied packaged applications, utilities, and other highly technical applications.
• Knowledge of the operational and technical problems involved in a Production Operations Environment
• Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and guide/mentor others on the team.
• Excellent documentation, organization, and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Harvard is offering a competitive compensation structure including benefit package with medical, dental, life, and long-term disability (LTD) insurance along with 401K Savings Plan.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10%